This post focuses on two things: Centerpieces and our Pinterest account.
Most of you probably didn’t know that we now have a Pinterest account because we just started getting pin-crazy not too-too long ago. But now we are pinaholics! We have Pinterest boards on pretty much everything so feel free to hop on over to our Pinterest to get some awesome ideas.
So moving on to Centerpieces; these are probably the best part of a wedding reception, as far as decorating goes. They are sure to be admired because no one will miss them. However, as fun as centerpieces can be, you have to remember some basic guidelines in order to create the perfect centerpiece!
1) CREATE A MIXTURE: Try to find two or three options (depending on amount of tables) that you like and mix and match. You can even put completely different arrangements on different tables to add more variety.
2) BE LEERY OF HEIGHT: You don’t want your guests struggling to have a conversation because the centerpieces are too tall. So if you want to incorporate tall pieces, try placing them on other tables at the reception. If you are dealing with tall ceilings and feel that smaller centerpieces wouldn’t be enough, hang things from the ceilings, like chandeliers or lights, maybe even some mason jar candle holders!
3) FLOWERS: If you are using flowers in your centerpieces, make sure they don’t have strong scents. The scents could potentially interrupt the taste of the meal, or simply just bother the guests, and you don’t want that! 😉
4) GLITTER: Okay, clearly sparkly things make everything better, so add that pop of something special. There are so many things you could do here, maybe you want a glittered up initial, or just some glitter confetti spread around the centerpiece. Maybe some sparkly twigs (even lighted-up twigs). Don’t be afraid, it will look great! Just remember balance is key! 🙂
5) MIRROR: Mirrors do a great job of creating a larger than reality appearance, so use them to your advantage! Didn’t get your tall centerpieces? Well create an allusion. Use the mirror to elongate your vases or give the reflection of a candle.
Now that you are aware of these tips; let’s get to the fun part! We’re going to divide by style. Starting off with our favorite: RUSTIC-CHIC.
A lot of these are easy DIY projects. Wrapping twine around an old vase is super easy and cheap! Keep checking out goodwill and antique shops and you’re sure to find some good deals on some cool vases or mason jars. Also you can buy all kinds of engraved wood off of Etsy (click here for example) or if you are handy enough, give it all a whirl!
Next off is BEACH wedding center pieces. There are so many cool & easy ways to get a beautiful center piece. Buy a glass jar at your local craft store and fill it with candles and shells. Set it on a mirror and viola! Or buy some fun shaped sea shells, and spray paint them with a metallic paint to add a more simple, chic flavor! 🙂
Here, we gathered some FLOWER arrangements that we thought were pretty awesome. My favorite is the one with the old vintage cans. I think they are so cute and you are sure to find one that fits exactly what you are looking for!
Finally we have a random bunch of centerpieces that we took fancy to. I particularly like the pumpkin with flowers. I think it is the perfect idea for a fall wedding! And naturally my eye is drawn to the table number in the sparkly frame. (Sparkly or not, I think that is a great idea to put the table numbers in a frame)