How the heck does this work, you might ask? We know it can be overwhelming, but don't worry! We are nice people who are honored that you are considering us as your stationery designer and we can't wait to work with you!
1. PURCHASE A DESIGN FEE: Browse our online store to see which design you like best to base your own custom design from. You can even get an online quote to see what options fit in your budget! Pretty sweet, huh? Once you are ready to begin the process, purchase a Design Fee listing from our store that best suits the style of invitation you want and you will be directed to the next steps. For current design and production turnaround times, click here.
2. GATHER YOUR DESIGN DETAILS: Once the Design Fee has been purchased, you will be notified by email with a link to our online information form and templates (if applicable) so that you can gather the details and wording needed to begin your design. (This is usually sent within 24 hours.) You will also be sent a password to our online Client Resource Center where you can download any applicable templates, Font List and Stationery Planning Guide.
3. EMAIL US THE DETAILS AND WORDING: Email us the details of your event (colors, theme, wording, inspiration boards etc.), your random thoughts/sketches, or whatever you think will help us with your vision! At this time you can also email the corresponding templates/photos (if applicable). It is important that you provide us with as much accurate and thorough information as possible for the first proof. Yes, we are super awesome designers, but mind readers, we are not!
4. PROOFING: A digital design proof(s) will be provided to you via email for your approval and suggestions. Yup, this is where it gets exciting! How long does the design process take take? For current design turnaround times click here. (We will get you a first proof/design as soon as possible, but note that the design process can take a total of 2-3 weeks depending on the amount of changes requested and the overall timely responses to emails. Every order is important to us and we strive to get the designs to you as quick as possible.)
5. INVOICE AND PRODUCTION: Once the design is approved via email, we can mail you a hard copy proof (this is included in your design fee) and/or get your order ready for production (yippee!). We will also email you your invoice at this time. For invitation orders over $150, half of the total amount is due before the production of your order and the remaining balance due before we ship it out. (Postcard orders must be paid in full prior to production). We will then print, assemble, and ship your invites to you! (Production turnaround time is quicker for some designs than others, please see listing descriptions to determine how long your order will take for production.)
6. GET READY FOR THE PHONE CALLS: You will get numerous compliments on how unique your invitations are and your guests say how they can not wait for your event! It's likely that if an RSVP is in your suite, your guests will not want to mail it back because it's so AWESOME and they can't bear to part with it. Trust us, it happens all the time.
How much will all of this awesomeness cost you? All pricing per invite is stated in the description and varies on the design styles - you can simply multiply the quantity you need by the price per invite stated to get your price (please be mindful of the minimum order required, stated below the listed price). Or you can get crazy and get a quote! Our online quote system lets you play with all of the options, and will even email it to you for reference. Sweet, right?
Are there hidden fees? Heck no! The only other fees besides the printed items are your design fee and shipping.
Due to the high volume of orders, initial first design proofs can take up to 12 business days, depending on our schedule at the time. Every order is important to us and we strive to get the designs to you as quick as possible. However, this is a creative process and proofing times can vary.
Click here for current turnaround times and general production updates.
Once you have approved your final design for production, it can take approximately 3 weeks to assemble your order (this varies on quantity and the style design). For example, Postcard Save the Dates usually take 7 business days* to produce, and Passports usually take 3 weeks*. Flat card invitations may take up to 2 weeks. Pocket fold invitations and other complex designs range from 4-5 weeks*. Letterpress orders take 5-6 weeks*.
*This does not include the design time, this is for production of your order AFTER the artwork has been approved. For wedding invitations, we highly recommend ordering at least 8-12 weeks prior to the mailing date to allow ample time for the design, production and assembly of your order.
To our overseas customers: Please keep in mind the shipping time associated with ordering products from another country. Shipping time for mailing the printed sample of your stationery will take several days, sometimes even 2 weeks. In addition, the shipping time for your final package can also take up to 10 days, depending on the shipping method chosen and customs policies in your country. We have no control over a package once it has shipped and any delays incurred. Please be mindful of this and your mailing date when ordering.
Yes, we can rush your order based on our production schedule at that time. Please note that the rush fee can vary on the type and quantity of invitations needed. To see if we are accepting rush orders, please view our production and turnaround times.
Want to see the quality of our stationery before you start the process? Of course you do! We have put together a Sample Package available for purchase here. Due to the custom-nature of our work, samples are available in limited numbers. (The samples sent to you will be of previously printed invitations — any personalization will be done once you place an order with us by purchasing a Design Fee listing.)
Ready to get started? To begin the custom design process you must first select a Design Fee listing from one of our design collections under “Shop Here”. A Design Fee listing must be purchased to begin your custom invitation.
Yes, all of our designs can be customized! This means location, fonts, colors, maps, photos, wording, paper, etc. By purchasing a Design Fee listing you are reserving a spot with us and starting the process to create your own custom design based on the listing your purchase (the Design Fee is an separate cost and does not go toward your printed items). Please refer to our FAQs for questions and more information. We are beyond excited that you are considering us as your stationery designer!
Some email accounts (especially .aol or .comcast accounts) may block our emails to you. If you have one of these accounts, please check your spam folder for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org or add us to your address book. When checking out, please provide another email address that is not .aol or .comcast. We will not be responsible for delays if your email is blocking our attempts to reach you.